Sunday, April 17, 2005

UPDATE #2: It's DISTRICT Policy?

From Saturday's Cleveland Plain Dealer comes news that the decision of a Columbus, Ohio, high school's principal and assistant principals not to call 911 may have been encouraged at the school district level. "School district policy warns that calling police might draw media attention," the AP reports in a follow-up story on the sexual assault I've blogged about previously. Without reading the actual policy, I hesitate to render a harsh judgment at this point. But as I noted below, the safety of a human being was trumped by misguided concerns about reputation. It now seems that the concerns were so strong that they may have dictated school district media policy.

When I witness a wreck on the interstate, my calling 911 might draw media attention. I'll make the call every time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home